Every bride dreams of looking her best on her wedding day. For months before the wedding, she will spend large amounts of money trying to get the right shape and make her skin look perfect. Wedding dresses are usually made on order and all accessories hand picked to match. The bride has to look like she has never before and most brides would go to any length to ensure the same.
However, very often, in all the planning, one thing that is overlooked is the hairstyle that would suit the bride. This is a big mistake and at the last moment little option is left but to let the beautician do whatever best she possibly can. How the bride’s hair looks and what style it’s arranged in is very important for the overall look. In fact, along with exercising and improving skin tone, in the months preceding the wedding, the bride-to-be should also get hair treatments done. In fact, if a bride can, she should always consult a professional hair stylist on how to further improve the texture of her hair.
So how does one get the best possible hairstyle for their wedding and the numerous functions that go before and after it?
1. To begin with, talk to a hair stylist as soon as the date for your wedding has been finalised. This consultation is important so that the stylist can check your hair for any damage that needs to be taken care of and initiate any treatments it might need. This way, your hair will be perfect and healthy, ready for any hairstyle you might want for your wedding day.
2. Discuss with your stylist what hair styles suit you and make you look your best.
3. Talk to your stylist about the kind of hair style(s) you’re looking for. This should be based on the clothes you’re wearing for the different functions – so that the hair and clothes compliment each other. For example: A high neck with hair pulled up.
4. Once you know what hairstyle you’d like for your wedding, get a trial done. This way, both you and your stylist will know what the end result should be like and if you really do like how it looks. This is important so that you’re not unpleasantly surprised on wedding day.
5. If you want to get your hair cut, don’t do it right before the wedding, because it doesn’t get time to settle in properly. Give it at least a couple of weeks. However, discuss with your stylist before getting anything done.
6. If all your hairstyles are ones that need to be tied up or have complicated braids etc, it’s always best to leave your hair long.
7. Plan on getting your hair coloured? Do it several months before the actual wedding so that it settles in properly and looks as natural as it can. It would also give you a chance to try a different shade if you don’t like your new hair colour.
8. If possible, try and get a full trial with complete hairstyle and makeup, so that you get an idea of what you will look like on the final day.
9. Avoid any drastic makeovers right before your wedding. Experiment if you have to at least 2-3 months before the wedding so that you don’t have to do any damage control at the last minute.
10. Don’t wash your hair the day of the wedding. Do it the day before because freshly washed hair tends to be tricky for hair styling.
Finally, eat healthy and be happy – so that your hair is healthy and looks its best on your important day. Accessorise your hair style with what matches your outfit. You can use fresh flowers, crystals, hair pins etc.
My name is Apoorv Kalra and I like to write articles on wedding related matters such as catering, decoration, wedding planners, wedding clothes and fashion, love, respect and happiness in a relationship. You can find many of these articles at http://www.delhiWeddingPlanners.com
The matrimonial sites are usually for the whole world in general. But are they effective enough for those who are strict in their preferences for their life partner who they think should belong to their community only. More >>
A suitable bride from your community can be chosen from the old and trusty methods too but what is the harm in getting to know the various options that the new ways of collecting information has to offer. More >>
A wedding is an elaborate affair. It is the most important day in the life of a boy and a girl when they come together for a new beginning; a day that should be remembered for years. More >>
The event planning company Los Angeles can take over from where the family started. After all planning the nuptials of two people in love can get tiring, over budgeted or time consuming. More >>
Weddings are bland affair amongst the two families. It does not involve only the two people who are ready to tie knots with each other for a lifetime but, it also includes the parents of them and their relatives as well. More >>
Every bride dreams of looking her best on her wedding day. For months before the wedding, she will spend large amounts of money trying to get the right shape and make her skin look perfect. More >>
Wouldn’t it be great to have a funny email name? How many times do you get asked to give your email address? It’s probably a couple of times each week, at the very least. Like our phone numbers, most email addresses are hard to remember. More >>
Every wedding is special and especially so for the bride. It’s a day every girl looks forward to and on this day she wants to look nothing less than perfect. More >>
Bengalis have a rich cultural heritage and this is evident from the kind of rituals and ceremonies that are performed during a Bengali wedding. More >>
Most weddings in India still take place during the winter season when people can really enjoy the rich Indian delicacies. More >>