Trends in U.S. Hospital, Nursing Home and Residential Facility Foodservice
Published Date : 1 February 2011
Pages : 156
The future of hospital & nursing and residential care foodservice is bright, with foodservice hospital & nursing and residential care expenditures reaching $34.0 billion in 2010, a 3.7% increase from 2009, according to Packaged Facts’ Trends in U.S. Hospital, Nursing Home and Residential Facility Foodservice. Underpinning the largest and fastest-growing sector of the U.S. economy, hospital & nursing and residential care foodservice programs can count on serving an increasing pool of patients, employees, and visitors. For foodservice operators, a shrinking pool of mouths to feed is simply not on the menu, which informs much of our positive outlook.
However, uncertainty looms in the form of government healthcare spending; the enactment of the Patient Projection and Affordable Care Act; and addressing state and federal budget shortfalls. We view contract management companies as potential winners of a budget crunch.
· Among the conclusions drawn in the report, foodservice programs should not only emphasize women’s nutritional and other health-driven considerations, but also be informed about the different ways women view food generally, whether at home or at restaurants. This need is even more pronounced at assisted living facilities.
· The report also concludes that a wealth of opportunity exists to tailor foodservice programs around family caregivers. Under these circumstances, a person’s relationship with food may understandably change, and foodservice plays an important role. This explains why those dealing with illness are more apt to use a variety of foodservice types.
· And while the presence of restaurant brands can provide hospitals with a health dilemma, we view hospital-based restaurant establishments as a component of foodservice consumers expect. Restaurant brands that forcefully play the health card can offer a win-win proposition for hospital foodservice.
· The report also identifies the following trends as “primary” with positive momentum: Room service and individualized patient care; customer service; wellness and nutrition; variety and culinary exploration; sustainability and green initiatives; and the need for speed.
· In a unique approach to quantifying market opportunity, the report assesses “meal opportunity” for inpatient and outpatient hospital, assisted living, and hospital employee settings.
This Packaged Facts report provides insight and analysis on hospital and nursing and residential facility foodservice trends. We map key trends and policies shaping sales growth and potential, and provide in-depth profiles of hospital foodservice programs and hospital and nursing home foodservice contractors.
For more information please visit :
More Reports :
Indian Poultry Feed Market Forecast to 2017 provides in depth interviews with marketing mangers and production heads of feed manufacturing companies. Interviews were taken to understand the technological advancements, annual poultry production and future plans of the company.. ReadBy: Bharatbook | 2013-05-18
These are some of the factors you should consider when shopping for foods for survival storage. By products from the store that offers a wide range of recipes and also guarantees affordable price. The store should provide comprehensive information on its products, there uses and life cycle.. ReadBy: Daniel Carlson | 2013-05-18
Do you like raw eat fruits and vegetables? If do, it is important to wash clean them, or these pesticide residue composition on the fruits and vegetables will be eaten in your body, even it is in range of safety standards, today this article will tell you the right method to wash clean fruits and ve. ReadBy: Pereira | 2013-05-17
Aarkstore announce a new report "Direct-to-Home (DTH) Market in India: 2011 Edition" through its vast collection of market research report.. ReadBy: Winaarkstore | 2011-08-10 | Technology
Aarkstore announce a new report "Ford Motor Company - Strategy, SWOT and Corporate Finance Report" through its vast collection of market research report.. ReadBy: Winaarkstore | 2011-06-01 | Automotive
Aarkstore announce a new report "India Insurance Market Intelligence: 2011 Edition" through its vast collection of market research report.. ReadBy: Winaarkstore | 2011-03-22 | Insurance
Aarkstore announce a new report "Lighting Industry in India 2010" through its vast collection of market research report.. ReadBy: Winaarkstore | 2011-06-16 | Business
Aarkstore announce a new report "Hindustan Unilever Limited - Strategy, SWOT and Corporate Finance Report" through its vast collection of market research report.. ReadBy: Winaarkstore | 2011-05-31 | Customer Service