Advantages of a bill of exchange.
The bill of exchange is a very important and useful document in modern commerce. Its main advantages are summarized below.
(1) Written verification of debt. The accepted bill of exchange shows the amount owned by a person and the exact date of payment. In case of delay or nonpayment the payment can be enforced on him in the court of law.
(2) Negotiable Instrument. The bill of exchange is a negotiable instrument. Being transferable it enables increase in commercial transactions.
(3) Discounting facility. The b of exchange being a negotiable instrument enables the payee or holder to obtain prompt cash by discounting it with a bank. The banks consider the discounting of bills of exchange as a very useful investment.
(4) Easy transfer of money. With the help of bill of exchange the money can be easily transferred merely by signing and delivery of the bill. The risk involved in the actual transfer of money is thus avoided.
(5) Self liquidating credit. A businessman can easily purchase goods by promising to pay a specified sum at a determined future time to the seller. Before the maturity of the bill he can arrange to sell the goods in the market and the proceeds can be used for meeting the obligation A bill of exchange is thus a self liquidating credit.
(6) Facilitates foreign trade. The bill of exchange facilitates settlement of international obligations. It thus helps in promoting trade between nations.
To reduce your energy bills and to get the best results, get insulation in Kelowna from this company. More >>
First class business tickets are affordable by all because they are very costly. Nowadays due to the rising number of travelers, many travel agencies are offering first and business class tickets at discounted price. More >>
You can also search online for work from home ideas and you will get lots of options. Get started with one which you have interest and start making money. More >>
A Balance Sheet summarises a business’ financial position at a specific time, normally the end of an accounting period. More >>
The partnership marks another major involvement in sports by QNET, a young player in an industry dominated More >>
Objectives of Business means the purpose for which the business is established. It is generally believed that the main objective of business is ta make profit and avoid loss. More >>
Barter System - Barter System is that system in which goods are exchanged for goods - Barter System More >>
Functions of Money - Functions of Money as a Medium of Exchange, Measure of Value, Deferred Payment, Store of Value - Functions of Money More >>
The importance of business is that it provides products or services to customers. More >>
The partners of a firm are broadly divided into three main categories. General Partners, Special Partners and Other Partners. More >>