A curriculum vitae is something that almost every working individual has had to create at least once in their lifetime. Be it for summer training, internships, grants, or a job change, each situation needs a really good curriculum vitae in order to win an interview with the employer. Professional and good CV writing is not a job for any Tom, Dick or Harry. Obtaining assistance from professional CV writers, or from people who have had enough experience with CV writing, is always a better way. However, for those who have no other choice, here are some guidelines to writing a good CV.
- Remember, a CV cannot win you the job, but it can certainly win you a chance to meet the employer in person. After that, it is your individual knowledge, personality and communication skills that must make it happen.
- A CV should always be combined with a cover letter that expresses your interest in applying for the job.
- Choosing the correct CV writing format is a must. For positions such as a manager, the CV need not have a section mentioning your hobbies and interests or likes and dislikes, unless requested. Therefore, choosing a format as per the requirements of the position is essential.
- Tailoring your CV for a particular position is very important. If you are applying for a sales job, mentioning your knowledge, skills, abilities and experiences in the field of human resources will do you no good. Mentioning in your CV what you have done specific to the position you are applying for and how you could be an asset to the organization are the only things that will interest the recruiters.
- Hundreds of CVs land on a recruiter's desk every day and every variation seems the same. If you do not want your CV to look just like all other CVs, avoid creating a boring CV that is a long list of your qualities. Instead, put forth your qualities, strengths and abilities in a way that the recruiter can see the real worth of your qualities and how they can be used in the work environment to benefit the company.
- Avoid unnecessary information and put the most important information first. It might be that your first job provided more relevant experience for a particular position. Therefore, your first job should be mentioned first, followed by others as per their importance.
- Effective titles and short points in bullet form attract attention, as opposed to lengthy, elaborate sentences.
- For times when you place your CV on the Internet, try using appropriate keywords that will help you be found by the kind of employers you are most interested in.
If you have made several attempts to win an interview, without any luck, it is time for you to approach a professional CV writer and reap the rewards.
Article written by Mike Kelley at http://www.cv-service.org/ You can find and download free CV examples and fully worded CV templates on my website.
Presently there has been a significant increase in the requirement of talented, skilled and efficient workers in every sector of the industry including the information technology industry as well as the financial industries. More >>
In this world of modern technology, many new job opportunities are available in the respective field of technology. Just like windows and Macintosh, Linux is one popular operating system that offers great job opportunities to the talented people. More >>
Everyday, businesses encounter problems and cost them a lot of money. These organizations need business analysts with the right business training to solve them. More >>
Becoming an etiquette consultant that teaches children social graces isn’t a typical career choice. However, after helping parents and children in building their... More >>
Finding a career path is one of the most important thing which decides the future of an individual. More >>
The expression "curriculum vitae" originated from a Latin phrase meaning "course of life. More >>
Deciding whether to use a CV or resume is a difficult task to accomplish. Though both styles of application seem the same, their usage differs largely in various parts of the world. More >>
With the invention of the computer and growth in technology, the Internet is increasingly being used by individuals, whether they are participating in social networks, working from home, or sending CVs to apply for jobs. More >>
Be it for summer training, internships, grants, or a job change, each situation needs a really good curriculum vitae in order to win an interview with the employer. More >>
CV writing is an art that not everyone possesses, and that is where professional CV writers come into the picture. More >>