Glaucoma is a disease of the major nerve of vision, called the optic nerve. The optic nerve receives light from the retina and transmits impulses to the brain that we perceive as vision. Glaucoma is characterized by a particular pattern of progressive damage to the optic nerve that generally begins with a subtle loss of side vision (peripheral vision). If glaucoma is not diagnosed and treated, it can progress to loss of central vision and blindness.
Glaucoma is usually, but not always, associated with elevated pressure in the eye (intraocular pressure). Generally, it is this elevated eye pressure that leads to damage of the eye (optic) nerve. In some cases, glaucoma may occur in the presence of normal eye pressure. This form of glaucoma is believed to be caused by poor regulation of blood flow to the optic nerve.
Symptoms of Glaucoma
1. In initial stages there are no symptoms.
2. In closed-angle glaucoma, blurring of vision and sudden painful attack in one eye occurs. A cloudy cornea, nausea and vomiting, redness of the eye and a halo effect around the object occurs.
3. In open-angle glaucoma, both the eyes are usually affected by loss of peripheral vision, marked by blind spots.
Causes of Glaucoma
1. Rise of pressure within the eyeball, increases the quantity of aqueous humor (clear fluid inside the eye that supplies nutrients and carries away waste products away from the lens and cornea) that ultimately damages the optic nerve and causes blindness.
2. People above 65 years of age, anyone with a family history of the disease, people taking B.P. medications or cortisone, severely near sighted and diabetics are at a greater risk, for developing glaucoma.
3. Sudden blockage near the iris cause extreme intralocular pressure that causes permanent blindness within a day or two. This is closed-angle glaucoma.
'Colour day.' You might be ask to have a 'colour day.' Choose a colour and seem out for it all through the day. When you see it, be conscious of the colour quite than the form. For example, if it's a red truck, knowledge the shade of red, not the truck.
'Sunning' Try to do this once a day. It require a sunny day, or a high-quality desk light with an incandescent bulb. The exercise is simple. Shut your eyes. Look in a straight line at the sun from side to side your closed eyes. While opposite the sun, gradually rotate your head from side to side as far as you can.
This gets the sunshine on the peripheral vision, and it help bring more blood passage to your neck. Perform this for 3 to 5 minutes. It's amazing, even on a icy day, how warm the sun feel on your eyes.
Home Remedies for Glaucoma
1. Mix equal quantities of fenugreek seeds (methi dana) powder along with Shikakai powder for washing hair. Wash frequently.
2. Mix seeds of cardamom along with 1 tablespoon honey. Eat every day.
3. Drink carrot juice twice daily.
4. Boil 2 tablespoons fenugreek leaves along with ½ cup moong dal and 10 small onions and eat regularly.
5. Using drops of eyebright herb are also beneficial for the eye conditions.
6. Eating spinach will help in preventing various eye problems as it contains carotenoid.
7. Washing the eyes with cold water will give relief from strain and will soothe the eyes.
For more useful information visit http://www.herbalcureindia.com/products/eye.htm
Make your own move towards ayurveda massage training to get your career into the ayurveda world where you get chance to serve the society with worthy massage therapies in order to bring complete comfort and relaxation while curing several health and body problems.. ReadBy: Chaman Goyal | 2013-05-18
there are list of many creams which is made via the combination of many oils to make a natural oils is very tough process,we can not make the natural oils products quickly while it is the posses the various steps,there are so Many natural oils like menthol crystals, is very important products there. ReadBy: Chieldia | 2013-05-18
If you are looking for dentists in Natick MA, Elite Dental of Natick is the perfect place for you. In addition to offering you excellent customer service from the time you enter the door.. ReadBy: John Wayne | 2013-05-18
Many of us face the difficulty of hair loss, due to a lot of reasons such as not having good diet, the external surroundings, pollutions etc.. ReadBy: Charles Buchar | 2010-05-17 | Health
Triphala, one of the most popular herbal preparations in the world.. ReadBy: Charles Buchar | 2010-07-31 | Health
Prolactin is a hormone produced by the pituitary gland. Levels of this hormone can vary over the course of someone's life, depending on a variety of factors, including age and pregnancy.. ReadBy: Charles Buchar | 2010-09-16 | Health
It relaxes the stiff muscles of the back and the sides. Tadasana (Shoulder Stand) is another optional asana for height increase.. ReadBy: Charles Buchar | 2010-07-09 | Health
Memory problems are common. Everyone's memory may fail at one time or another.. ReadBy: Charles Buchar | 2011-09-13 | Health