Acer Aspire is a popular range of laptops. However, like all laptops, daily use can lead to sticky, lost or broken keyboard keys. The buildup of dirt under the keyboard or damaged key clips are the most common issues. Removing keys, gently cleaning the board or even replacing the entire keyboard usually solves the problem. Different Aspire models will have slightly different features, but following a few standard steps should help you diagnose the problem and repair your Acer Aspire keyboard.
1. Unplug the computer from the wall outlet and power it down. Remove the power cord from the rear of the laptop.
2. Turn the Acer Aspire over and remove the battery pack by sliding the battery catch and pulling the pack out. Open the laptop and push the screen back to its full extension.
3. Point a strong light at the keyboard. Look at the problem keyboard areas for signs of debris under the keys or for any small broken plastic parts. If there is an obvious blockage, such as a crumb or piece of dirt, remove it using tweezers. If a key still sticks, press down on the key below with your thumb. Take a flat head screwdriver in your other hand and gently pry off the stuck key from the top edge.
4. Check for any sticky dirt and wipe it away with a dry cloth. Use a can of compressed air to blow out any dust and particles from underneath the keys.
5. Assess the plastic casing clip for signs of damage. If undamaged, snap the key back into place with your thumb. If the plastic is damaged, you may need to replace the entire keyboard.
6. Purchase a replacement keyboard from a local computer store, the Acer website or a registered Acer parts dealer. Keyboards are generally around $30, as of 2010.
7. Remove your current Acer Aspire keyboard. Models vary, but in general you need to locate the three small screws in the empty battery pack compartment. Alternatively, the screws may be accessible under the power button cover above the keyboard. Remove these screws using a Phillips screwdriver.
8. Pry the power button panel up at the join between the panel and the keyboard. Locate the small catches above the top line of keys. Typically, these are between the "F4" and "F5" keys, between the "F8" and "F9" keys and between the "F12" and "PrtSc" keys. Press the catches in using your tweezers or flat head screwdriver. Remove the entire keyboard.
9. Remove the ribbon connecting the keyboard to the computer. Replace the old board by sliding the ribbon into the new keyboard. Press the new keyboard in place and snap the power button panel into its slot. Insert the screws into the correct holes in the battery compartment. Insert the battery and power up the machine. The keyboard should work properly.
Core Solutions with Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 is undeniably the best certification. This will offer you an amazing means to succeed in the industry. More >>
These days passing IT certification is the best thing to do if you want to have a successful career in the field of information technology. More >>
Microsoft Specialist program is specifically designed for Microsoft partners and not essentially for those looking for employment in the IT field. More >>
The 2013 version of Microsoft project and project server is currently being used in more than 80 countries of the world. This software provides quick innovative ideas for its users; it uses Microsoft SharePoint to simplify your Integrated Admin Experience. The Microsoft project server increases Agil More >>
Microsoft Office Visio 2007 is beyond doubt the perfect tool to help you create professional looking drawing such as charts, diagrams, timelines and more in the most efficient and effective way. More >>
Acer Aspire is a popular range of laptops. However, like all laptops, daily use can lead to sticky, lost or broken keyboard keys. The buildup of dirt under the keyboard or damaged key clips are the most common issues. More >>
The IPAD itself consists of four small group, ipad screen protectors one of the places on every corner. Originally the upper right corner with both the Sleep / Wake button and turn the lock. More >>
They should be careful not to spill liquid on your Dell Inspiron keyboard. At present, there is no real sense of civilian areas and are completely waterproof Dell Inspiron keyboard, More >>
Accidentally sleeves laptop keyboard keys to hang down, and had wanted to be a very good security, really depressed, Ann has more than 10 minutes Leng Shimo placement. More >>
As an input device for your laptop, the keyboard is one of the most important. Even though the mouse pad can be used to move around the screen, you need your keyboard if you plan to type anything. Without a functioning keyboard,... More >>