What is Partnership Deed?
Partnership agreement in writing is called partnership deed. Partnership deed is a document which is signed by all the partners and which contains all the matters determining and governing the mutual rights, duties and liabilities of the partners in the conduct and management of the affairs of the partnership. It may also be referred to as articles of partnership” containing the name, nature of business, capital, duration of the firm, etc.
Need and Importance of Partnership Deed.
It has been observed that partners start bickering and quarrelling after (he firm has worked for some time. It is, therefore, advisable that the articles of partnership should be drawn up through the lawyer. A partnership deed on stamp paper is considered to be valid in the court against any dispute. The importance of partnership deed can be judged from the following facts.
1. It forms the basis of formation of the partnership.
2. It defines the mutual rights, duties and liabilities of the partners.
3. It helps in minimizing the areas of disputes among the partners.
4. It serves as guidepost for the conduct of firm business.
Clauses or Contents of Partnership Deed
The partnership deed usually contains the following clauses.
1. Name and location of business.
2. The nature of the business.
3. The amount of capital to be contributed by each partner.
4. Provisions or reinvestment in business.
5. The duties, powers and obligations of all the partners.
6. Length or life of business.
7. The method of distribution of profit and sharing of the losses.
8. Method of admitting a new partner.
9. Procedure for withdrawal of a partner.
10. The method of valuation of goodwill on and or retirement or death of a partner.
11. Method of revaluation of assets or liabilities on admission, retirement or death of a partner.
12. Procedure to be followed for expulsion of a partner.
13. Arrangements to be followed in case a partner becomes insolvent.
14. Salary, if any, payable to the partners for managing the firm.
15. The method of preparing accounts and arrangement for audit.
16. Procedure for the dissolution of the firm and settlement of accounts.
17. Arbitration in case of disputes among partners.
18. Operation of bank account.
The above items are not the final list of clauses. Any clause mutually agreed to by the partners can be Included in the agreement. If the deed is silent on any point, then the provisions of Partneiship Act of 1932, will apply.
Many people are wondering what the best ways to cure yeast infection at home are. So is there really a way to cure yeast infection naturally at home? More >>
Planning a corporate event and taking it to conclusion can be a strain when one has to do it along with other official responsibilities. It is a significant investment, not only of money but also time. More >>
Kansas City All American Girls Escort Service is Kansas City number one Escort service. More >>
Huge boobs and huge tits are the amazing ones for the girls. Girls want a fatless figure by which they are attracting in front of boys. Huge boobs make a figure complete. More >>
London is a city where you will find everything you are looking for and if you are alone and looking for some sensual fun, be ready to have one of the wildest experiences ever. More >>
Barter System - Barter System is that system in which goods are exchanged for goods - Barter System More >>
Objectives of Business means the purpose for which the business is established. It is generally believed that the main objective of business is ta make profit and avoid loss. More >>
Functions of Money - Functions of Money as a Medium of Exchange, Measure of Value, Deferred Payment, Store of Value - Functions of Money More >>
The importance of business is that it provides products or services to customers. More >>
The partners of a firm are broadly divided into three main categories. General Partners, Special Partners and Other Partners. More >>