WRITING A JOB ADVERTISEMENT
How do you get individuals to pay attention to your job opening? Get them interested in your organization? Give them enough information so that those who are not qualified do not respond? The answer to these questions lies in the job advertisement. The more effective your advertisement, the more likely you will be to achieve the dual goal of recruiting.
1. Tell enough about the job: Your goal here is to provide enough information about the job so potential applicants can determine whether they are interested or qualified.
2. Give the relevant information about the job: This includes providing a job title and a description of job duties. This information should be drawn directly from the job description.
3. List the minimum qualities successful job incumbent needs: This includes specific requirements a job incumbent is required to possess. This may reflect educational levels, prior experience and specific competencies or skills. Again, much of information should be readily available from the job specification component of the job description.
4. Be specific about unique aspects of the job: Disclose any pertinent information about the job that an applicant should know about. For example, if the job requires extensive traveling, state so. If the experience on specific equipment, technology applicants, and so forth, is required, this too, should be stated.
5. Check the advertisement for corrections: Make sure the advertisement is properly written, contains no grammatical or punctuation errors, and is easy to read. Whenever possible, avoid using jargon and abbreviation that may be confusing. Checking for correctness also means reviewing each word to ensure that no terms used may be deemed inappropriate or potentially create an, adverse impact.
The technology is advancing and enhancing day by day increasing its level to the top heights. The technology is proving to be a boon at larger extent as each day new equipments are being developed for human consumption. More >>
Outdoor signs are popular marketing tools from yesteryears. An efficient sign board outside your business premises will not only cognize your potential customers but also arouses particular interest regarding your service or products. More >>
From the point of view of law, a legal contract is a binding agreement between two or more parties, which can be enforced by an arbitrator or by the court of law. More >>
Rebuilt engines would be the best way to reduce cost rather than buying new engines. More >>
Nobody likes a pest. They ruin things, they cause problems and they contribute to health and safety issues. The problem is, they're usually attracted to things that we humans are doing. In short, we are usually the cause of our own pest problems. More >>
Barter System - Barter System is that system in which goods are exchanged for goods - Barter System More >>
Objectives of Business means the purpose for which the business is established. It is generally believed that the main objective of business is ta make profit and avoid loss. More >>
Functions of Money - Functions of Money as a Medium of Exchange, Measure of Value, Deferred Payment, Store of Value - Functions of Money More >>
The importance of business is that it provides products or services to customers. More >>
The partners of a firm are broadly divided into three main categories. General Partners, Special Partners and Other Partners. More >>