If you are suffering from hair loss and you don’t want to go under the knife, then yoga could be the answer. According to some yoga gurus, there is little solution for hair loss problems in western medicine. Hair loss in men & women is a universal phenomena caused by hereditary problems, poor diets, stress etc. Only one western prescription product minoxidil has some acceptance as a cure of hair loss. However minoxidil has little or no effect when there is actual baldness rather than thinning.
Read more on Hair Loss Treatment
Yoga postures can help you overcome stress, anxiety, and indigestion, poor blood circulation in head, which are considered as main causes of hair loss. Headstand yoga pose can be very helpful as it contributes blood circulation in head as well as relieves tension.
Some yoga asanas for hair loss include:-
Kapalabhati ( Frontal lobe cleansing technique) : This is a breathing exercise which promotes well being. Sit in a crossed leg position with your back, neck and head in a straight line. Relax your facial muscles and rest your hands on your knees. Take three deep breaths. Inhale deeply and then exhale, all the while contracting your abdominal muscles. Try to do 1 exhalation per second. Start with doing 1 round of 15 exhalations and gradually increase it to 30 and then 60. Increase the number of rounds but take breaks in between.
Sarvangasana (Shoulder Stand): Lie on your back. Inhale deeply and raise your legs until your toes point towards the ceiling. Your body should be resting on your shoulders and the back of your neck. Support your body with your hands which should be at the centre of your spine. Ensure that your legs and spine are straight. Breathe deeply and concentrate on your thyroid gland.
You can also attempt to stop hair fall with yoga practices involving poses like these:-
1. Anuloma viloma (Alternative Breathing)
2. Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward Facing Dog)
3. Uttanasana (Standing Forward Bend)
4. Ustrasana (Camel Pose)
5. Vajrasana ( Diamond Pose)
6. Sasangasana (Rabbit Pose)
7. Sirsasana ( Headstand Pose)
Yoga for Hair Fall
Hair loss can be due different reasons like heredity, stress, genetic problems, hormonal imbalances, pollution, excessive use of chemicals and styling products and imbalanced diet. Yoga, pranayama and meditation are very beneficial to reduce the daily stress and thus helps to reduce the hair loss directly. Yoga asana like vajrasana and pawanmuktasana are especially beneficial to control hair loss. Besides you can try the following tips and remedies for hair loss –
1. Keep your scalp clean as far as possible, wash your hair every alternate day and apply conditioner at least once in a week. Brush your hair daily for better circulation of blood under the scalp; however avoid back combing as this can break hair from the shaft. Also do not apply conditioner on the scalp as this can promote hair loss.
2. Avoid using any harsh chemicals and many styling products to prevent hair loss.
3. Massage your hair with lavender oil, lavender oil has been proved to promote hair growth significantly.
4. Boil neem leaves in water, cool and strain this water. Use this water to wash hair. Neem oil can also be mixed with coconut oil in equal proportions and be used to massage the scalp.
5. Eat a balanced diet comprising of fresh fruits, vegetables, pulses, sprouts, eggs, fish, cereals and dairy products.
Human cell senescence, injury and DNA mutations are related to free radicals. Human body is continuously produced free radicals, and antioxidant mechanisms continue to destroy free radicals in the body. More >>
Castor oil is pale yellow viscous liquid, is a kind of mild oil. With soft skin effect, so that it can make the skin get plenty of nutrition and moisture. More >>
Traveling poses more challenges for those who are dependent on supplemental oxygen, than for the average traveler, especially when flying is necessary. More >>
There were many techniques people used to depend on for whitening their teeth in old days. They are arranging from using some natural things such as some medicinal plants to using teeth whitening products available in the open market. More >>
various measurements and temperature controlling tasks and are extensively used in science and the production industry. More >>
Obesity is the biggest curse on any human being. Obesity not only spoils your outer appearance but it brings along a huge array of other problems as well. More >>
Hair loss or Alopecia is a very recurrent problem, which can affect both men and women. Before detailed review of this state, find out more about the natural hair growth cycle. More >>
Although, “Yoga” cannot cure diabetes, but it can complement the lifestyle changes which are necessary to keep the symptoms in diabetics under control. More >>
Azoospermia is what is known as the medical condition of not having any sufficient measurable level of sperm in his semen. More >>
It’s a common fear that your body might not be ‘up to snuff’ – everyday we look around at fashion magazines More >>