Frequently asked Questions
Registration, Login, and Profile Information
Errors and Problems
Registration, Login, and Profile Information
- What is InformationBible?
- InformationBible is a free article directory where you can submit and find articles. You can publish your articles for free or find content for your website, ezine, or newsletter.
- Is InformationBible only available in English?
- Yes only in english.
- May I publish articles I find on InformationBible on my website?
- Does it cost money to submit articles to InformationBible?
- No, we do not charge for article publication or pay for submitted content. We run advertising on our site to help us keep the site running free of charge.
- How can I contact the author of an article?
- When you are on the article page, click Contact Author on the left side of the page.
You may also find additional contact information on the author's bio.
- I'd like to advertise on InformationBible. Who should I contact?
- Currently we are not adding new advertisements to our site, but you are welcome to try one of the following options:
- Use Google Adwords site targeting and choose our site for your pay-per-click ads; or
- Open an account on InformationBible.com, publish articles on your chosen subject(s), and in your Author Bio publish details about your business, contact details, and a link to your site. Publishing articles on InformationBible.com is free.
- Does InformationBible have a link exchange program?
- At the present time, we don’t have a link exchange program, however you are welcome to subscribe and publish articles on your subject of choice, and include a link to your website in the Author's Bio section.
- How do I edit my Author Bio?
- Log in to your account at www.InformationBible.com with your e-mail address and password, go to Manage Authors -> Edit info and edit your Author Bio.
You can also have a specific bio for each article, so you may want to go to View/Edit Articles and correct the bio in the specific article.
- How do I upload a photo to my account?
- When you are logged in, choose the "Manage Authors" link on the left side menu. Choose the penname you wish to associate the photo with and select edit. Then upload your image and save.
- How do I change my email address for InformationBible login and communications?
- In order to change your email address, log on to www.InformationBible.com with your current email address and password, and go to Edit your Account. Change the email address to the new one and save the changes.
Please note that your next login will be with the new email address.
- How can I suggest a new article category?
- When you are on the article submission page, click Recommend by the category list. We will take your suggestions into consideration and notify on our blog and via Twitter if we add the category. You can also contact us to suggest a new category.
In the meantime, we suggest you look for a similar or more general category for your articles. You may change the article's category at any time.
- Will I receive payment for my submitted articles?
- No, at InformationBible.com we provide a free resource for both publishers and readers.
- How long does it take to have my articles reviewed?
- Our team guarantees reviews in up to 96 hours, but in most cases we review articles within 48 hours. You will receive an email notification once your article has been approved or rejected.
- How can I find where my article has been republished?
- We recommend using Google and Yahoo to search for copies of your articles. You should conduct a search in the follow format:
“title of your article” +source +InformationBible
- I Googled my name, but when I clicked on the results I was redirected to another authorís article. Why is that?
- On each article page, InformationBible publishes links related to that article. Google must have found your name in the Related Articles section of the article.
- How do I place links in my articles?
- If your enter URLs in the form of http://www.mydomain.com they will become auto linked.
If you wish to have a keyword link, you will need to use the following HTML code:
- Which HTML tags do you allow?
- We currently only allow the following HTML tags:
<br />, <p>, <b>, <i>, <u>, <a href>
- How do I change my article's category?
- In order to change the category of an article, log in to your account at www.InformationBible.com with your e-mail and password, go to View/Edit Articles and click Edit by the article whose category you’d like to change. In the next screen, browse through the categories, select the desired category, and save your changes.
- Can my article be submitted to more than one category?
- No, it cannot. Please submit each article only once. Multiple submissions of the same article will result in its removal.
- How do I add a picture to my article?
- In the Rich Text Editor, click on the place where you’d like to add the picture and click on the green picture button (called “Insert/Edit Image”) at the top of the editor. On the window that opens, enter the URL of the image.
You can also add the pictures by using the <img> tag. In the article, where you want the picture to appear, just type:
Please note that the image URL is the path to the picture online. It will not work on pictures from your computer, only pictures that can be accessed by a URL.
- How do I edit or insert a link into my article or bio?
- When logged in, go to View/Edit Articles and click Edit by the article you’d like to edit. On the next screen, make sure the Rich Text Editor is turned to On (you’ll be able to view the button toolbar).
Mark the word or phrase you’d like to transform into a link and click on the Insert/Edit Link button (shaped like a horizontal 8) located on the toolbar next to the green image button. On the next screen, insert the link address (without quotation marks). Save and publish the article.
- How can I remove or delete an article that I've submitted?
- If you’d like to delete an article from InformationBible, click on View/Edit Articles, and click the Remove button by the article you’d like to delete. You will need to confirm that you would like to indeed delete the article. Once you have deleted the article, it cannot be retrieved.
If you would like to remove the article but keep it on the site for future publication, click on View/Edit Articles, and click the Edit button by the article you’d like to remove. Scroll down and click on Save Draft. You will be able to republish the article at a later date.
- Why was my article rejected?
- Chances are your article was rejected because it violated one of our submission guidelines. If you think your article has been unfairly rejected, feel free to contact us and we will take another look.
- What are hard line breaks?
- Hard line breaks basically mean that you have clicked “Enter” in the middle of a paragraph instead of letting the text wrap freely. For example, instead of:
“My dog’s name is Spot, he loves to run around and play in the water”
Your paragraphs may show up as:.
“My dog’s name is Spot,
he loves to run around and
play in the water”
- How do I republish articles on my site?
- There are three ways to republish articles from InformationBible:
- Copy the article by using the Syndicate this Article option at the right side of the article; or
- Fetch link of you author rss feed and submit it feed accepting websites.
- Click the Publish this Article link on the left navigation bar. You will be redirected to a new page with the complete HTML, which you can copy and paste on to your website.
- May I publish articles in my local newspaper?
- What's the difference between Views and 30 Days Views?
- The number of views appearing in the Views column is the total number of views your article has received since it was submitted. The number of views appearing in the 30 Days Views column show how many views your article has received over the past 30 days.
- What does the Friends column mean?
- The friends column shows how many times your readers have clicking on the Send to Friend button.
- What's the difference between Views and Visits?
- The number of views reflects how many total times the article has been viewed, while the number of visit reflects the number of unique visitors to your article. One unique visitor may have read your article more than once.
Errors and Problems
- I see my article on InformationBible, but I did not submit it myself. I own all the rights. What should I do?
- Please contact us and send us the link to the plagiarized article on InformationBible as well as your original link.
- I found one of my articles republished without the proper credit or links. What should I do?
- If your article has been republished without the proper credit, we recommend you contact the webmaster of the site your article has been republished on and (politely) ask them to correct the credit. If you have contacted them and they have no corrected the error after a few days, you can contact the site’s ISP and ask them to have the article removed.
- I have received an error with the word SMARTY in it. What should I do?
- You seem to have encountered a temporary technical problem. Try restarting your browser. If the problem persists, contact us.
- I received a No Cookies error on Internet Explorer. How do I fix it?
- Open your Explorer and go to Tools -> Internet options. Under the Privacy tab click on Advanced and uncheck the override automatic cookie handling. Click OK and OK. Close the browser and open it before trying again.